Remanufacturing & Repair
No matter what the make or model of your equipment, Mack Manufacturing promises the same high standard of quality and long life for your refurbished attachments as we do for new Mack products.
For most repairs and rebuilds, your Mack field service representative can provide you with an estimate for the work required before you ship the attachment to us. After the initial inspection in our shop, we will provide a detailed quotation including a complete list of repairs and costs to restore your unit as close to “like new” condition as possible.
Comprehensive inspection and restoration
The rebuilding process begins with complete disassembly of your device, then thorough sandblasting of all steel components to help our staff identify any failures, cracks or fatigued areas. Expert inspectors from each of our production departments examine every part and component in detail to establish the most cost-effective plan of restoration.
Standard Mack procedures then include:
- Fatigued or stressed structural areas restored or replaced
- Worn bucket lips and grapple teeth replaced with abrasion resistant steel
- All pins and bushings inspected for wear; replaced, if needed, with top quality Mack components
- Sheaves inspected for wear and bearing condition
- Rope grooves re-worked and bearings replaced
- Hydraulic systems fully disassembled and cleaned
- Defective pumps and valves replaced with top quality components
- Cylinders rebuilt to our exacting specifications
Finally, your unit is assembled, tested, and painted. The finished product is renewed and ready for long service, backed by the Mack warranty of workmanship.
Learn more here about Mack’s in-house fabrication and machining facilities for complete remanufacturing services under one roof.